What mods can i do to bost hp and gain mpg for my everyday driver. any help would thankful...

Views: 831

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

First, a low restriction intake like a K&N. Then a programmer. I bought a Hypertech when they were on sale for about $275. Next, maybe a throttle body spacer and then a set of headers and exhaust system. Those items should give you the most bang for the buck. On my 2009 with the 4.6 3-valve I have the K&N filter and the programmer. I had it up to 23.9 AVERAGE MPG with careful driving, but it has since fallen back to 22.5 with the colder weather because the computer richens the mixture with the cold air. I'm having a problem finding a set of headers for the 4.6, all I can find are for the 5.4. You may run into the same thing until later this year when the aftermarket catches up.

Good luck,

Phil

from what ive read on online threads most people say the new 5.0 ford allready has a factory kind of cold air intake and to not change it. i am lookin into american thunder super 40s and a banks iq tuner and maybe on of those throttle body spacers. i think they call them a helix. what kind of mpg did u gain by doing this mods on your 4.6 and what were u getting before

Phil Auten said:

First, a low restriction intake like a K&N. Then a programmer. I bought a Hypertech when they were on sale for about $275. Next, maybe a throttle body spacer and then a set of headers and exhaust system. Those items should give you the most bang for the buck. On my 2009 with the 4.6 3-valve I have the K&N filter and the programmer. I had it up to 23.9 AVERAGE MPG with careful driving, but it has since fallen back to 22.5 with the colder weather because the computer richens the mixture with the cold air. I'm having a problem finding a set of headers for the 4.6, all I can find are for the 5.4. You may run into the same thing until later this year when the aftermarket catches up.

Good luck,

Phil

Phil Auten said:

Good luck,

Phil

the headers for the 5.4 3 valve motor are the same as the 4.6 three valve motor, i have a 2005 f-150 stepside extended cab 5.4 three valve i added a k&n cold air intake arrid throttle body spacer cut the stock exhaust off put a X pipe two flowmaster super 44 mufflers 2 1/2" pipe exiting on the passenger side in front of the tire like a lightning purchase a diablo sport hand held programmer, program the k&n cold air performance program,change the idle did away with speed limiter, change the tire size to 20", this really woke the truck up awesome performance, when pulling a 18' car carrier trailer with full size truck the transmission never downshifts on a grade, these changes made about 100 more hp and around 50lbs of torque at least

RSS

PB Social

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://static.polldaddy.com/p/8211995.js"></script>
<noscript><a href="http://polldaddy.com/poll/8211995/">Which name do you prefer for a new automotive content website?</a></noscript>

© 2014   Created by Gearhead.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service