i have a 02 silverado LS regular cab. it has a 4.8 in it which is not that exciting i have tried to upgrade it when i can. so far i have put shorty headers, a flowmaster exhaust, cold air intake, and a throttle body spacer. it seemed to wake it up. hope to get a programmer and add a shift kit. if anybody has any suggestions feel free to let me know. im fairly new at this. so any advice will help.

Views: 9

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

The Hypertech Programmers were always good for my Bowtie Gassers.
Do plugs and wires as well that is huge for a gas motor.
Hey man I have heard that alot of people are havin some good luck with gettin more power by addin a larger throttle body. You can get one from BBK. Also if you upgrade to a better plug wire that will help. Those new E 3 Diamond fire spark plugs helped my truck out alot to. More power when I want and also alittle better gas mileage when I need it. You might look at upgradeing your coils on it to. More spark means better combustion. That with the programer and the other upgrades you have already done should get you a pretty good gain in the horsepower and torque. MSD offers upgraded coils for those trucks and the better plug wires I was talkin about. Good luck with it and let me know how much this helps you.

Carl
With the 4.8l your best bet for power is a cam. I wouldn't get a programmer, they don't do as much as you would think, get a custom tune, it will cost the same, and you get unlimited updates if you change something later. If you are doing the shift kit get a billet servo also.
What do you mean by custom tune? I'm sorry i'm new to computer tuning.

brent1976 said:
With the 4.8l your best bet for power is a cam. I wouldn't get a programmer, they don't do as much as you would think, get a custom tune, it will cost the same, and you get unlimited updates if you change something later. If you are doing the shift kit get a billet servo also.
Go to performancetrucks.net and look under gm tuning and diagnostic there are alot of places that do a mail order tune NelsonPerformance, Wheatley, Blackbear. You tell them all that you have done to your truck, and what you want changed, and they mail you a new tuned pcm, and you send yours back as a core. I did it for about a year, then I bought hptuners so I could just tune it myself. That's another option, hptuners is a program for a laptop so you can tune your own gm vehicles, like the speed shops can. You can change almost anything in your trucks tuning(timing,fueling,ve,trans settings,and allot more), but it is very complicated. I've had it for 6 months, but don't have the guts to do what I know would make more power.

RSS

PB Social

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://static.polldaddy.com/p/8211995.js"></script>
<noscript><a href="http://polldaddy.com/poll/8211995/">Which name do you prefer for a new automotive content website?</a></noscript>

© 2014   Created by Gearhead.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service